My position paper has been accepted for a second Workshop at CHI: IT@Home: Unraveling Complexities of Networked Devices in the Home .
I will present the interaction design side of my research on end-user networking and the issues and opportunities with multiple channels to access information.
- How can we move from a device (or connectivity) centered approach (for ex: using a mobile phone, TV or Wi-Fi ) to a activity centered approach (watching a video, accessing securly a bank statement)?
- How can we help turn network connectivity consumers into producers (similarly to what has been done in digital media for example)?
- How can we help users have an optimal unified experience despite technologies like DRM, network neutrality,….
- How do we design networking technologies to better account for information asymmetry or bounded rationality..
- Network neutrality and the state of broadband
- Spanish company, Fon, wants to let wireless internet users share their connection
- Ubicomp 2005 video: Yellow chairs
- Yahoo! Research Labs–Berkeley and SIMS Garage Cinema